The current Village Hall was was the original primary school built by the Bishton School Board who acquired the land from the Bishop of Llandaff in 1877. Bishton Primary School closed in 1955 when there were 14 pupils at the school. The last teacher was Miss Harris who lived at the school house. Pupils were transferred to the newly-built Langstone Primary School. Shortly afterwards the school house was demolished, a new extension built and it became the Village Hall. In 1973 Bishton Parish Council (the predecessor of the Community Council) bought the freehold from the Monmouth Diocese for £2000 and have since maintained and refurbished the Hall.
Bishton Village Hall will seat about 55 people and is available for hire by public and private bodies and individuals. It has a heated meeting room with a stage, plus kitchen, toilets, and storage rooms. There is a small car park for a maximum of about 12 vehicles. The kitchen at the Hall was refurbished about 8 years ago using units donated by a builder who then lived at the Old Rectory. The kitchen has full cooking facilities including a cooker, microwave, water boiler and warming cabinet. In 2017 the Council installed a 3- phase electrical supply to allow the kitchen and heating to function to modern standards. A new storage shed and base are also nearing completion.
Bishton Park is owned leasehold and maintained by the Community Council. New swings and several pieces of new equipment including a barbecue were added in recent years. In 2017 it was the venue for a new village event - an Easter Egg hunt for children.