The Council gives top priority to maintaining its existing services and facilities. Specific improvements carried out in recent years include the following :
- New ceilings and floors plus re-decoration at Underwood Community Centre, and creation of an exercise room there using equipment from the former Leisure Centre, as negotiated with Newport City Council.
- Bishton Village hall was rewired in 2017, and new hot water and heating systems were installed earlier. The kitchen was also re-decorated.
- New water piping at Underwood Allotments which now runs the entire length of the allotments with new water containers at various positions.
- New playground equipment at Bishton Park
- New referee's changing room, separate toilet building and brand new gas heated showers at the Underwood Sports Field. Also renewal of water pipes to the Field.