The Council gives top priority to maintaining its existing services and facilities. Specific improvements carried out in recent years include the following :
- Provision of a new referee's changing room, separate toilet building and brand new gas heated showers installed at the Underwood Sport's Field. Also renewal of water pipes to the field.
- Bishton Village Hall was rewired in 2017. New hot water and heating systems were installed earlier. The kitchen was also re-decorated.
- New water piping at Underwood Allotments now runs the entire length of the allotments with new water containers at various positions.
- Provision of a gravelled front to Bishton Village Hall.
- Provision of a new dishwasher at Underwood Community Centre.